Two Together – A Sketch



Two Together - Color Sketch on paper by Ashok, 1991
  If either falls, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Eccelestiastes 4:10

Yet one who loves God, walks in the company of angels

In 1991 I visited a friend in Egypt. His village in the Beni Suef province is situated on the banks of a branch of the Nile River. On my return with thoughts of the Nile, I made some sketches with colored pens on paper. Most have been lost now but this one remains. On the lower right corner my name Ashok is signed in Arabic of which I have a rudimentary knowledge from my stints in the Middle East.

File photo of me and Mehmood Mohmed Mohamed from September 1991 on a visit to his village Manhara in Egypt. Also in photo is his son Hanafi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Matter

How is the value of an oil painting determined?

Spiritual Words

Renaming old works of Art – Dark Clouds of Armageddon

An image from Syria

Buddha Purnima

Developing an Image for a Note about God

Difficulties In Photographing Paintings